Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

softball

SOFTBALL TODAY


First game. I start first at batting for my team “Batter up” said the umpire so I walk up to the plate and get ready for the pitcher to pitch the ball.First ball goes up, second ball goes up, third ball goes low then the four ball went up so that was 4 balls and 0 strikes. I had to take the walk to base 1. Next batter for our team came up to the plate.


Ball one, I  steal a base to base 2. Ball 2 I take another steal to third base. Waiting, Waiting then BANG the ball went flying down the field I run home and my friend get a home run. That was 2 home runs no outs for my team. A Few minutes later “Side away” we had to swap sides and go fielding. Strike 1, Whack the ball went rolling then our pitcher got the ball and through it to me and got the person out.


At the end of the game we won 10 to 0.


Second game we won 10 to 1.


Our third game was the semifinals and we were playing Parnell school. I started first again. I waited for a good pitch then BANG the ball went flying down field and I got a home run, We won that game 11 to 1. We made it to the finals and we were going to play against Sylvia Park. They were the hardest team in the competition. We had to bring our A game.
We start of batting so I get the bat of the ground and walk up to the plate. Thinking to myself if we will win and will get a good hit on the ball. Strike one no balls. Second up ball one. Third I hit the ball and it went rolling on the ground and went past 3 or 4 people so I ran as fast as I could run. I ran from base one to base two to base three then ran it all the way home. The next batter got out then the next one after him got out too. One more batter left. He hit the ball down the field and got a home run too.


At the end of the game we lost 2 to ⅞. We came second placing for the Eastern Zones tournament.

1 comment:

  1. That's great your team did so well T.J. I'm very impressed that you have written a comprehensive recount of the day already!. It sounds like you played really well too. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.